PwNeD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogues and Warriors

2 posters

Go down

Rogues and Warriors Empty Rogues and Warriors

Post  Finjay Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 am

World of Warcraft lvl 19 PVP strategies
Intro

For Warriors and Rogues I will talk about:

Mentalities
Weapons
Armour
Enchants
PVP Strategies
Talents
Summary

To let people know in advance, this is a complete Alliance guide, no Horde weps or information… so not much point reading if you’re horde, but you can still see some eq, and go and research the horde equivalent.
Rogue

At lvl 19, rogues do the most melee damage, no questions asked. If you’re any good, they have a lot of armour from the agility bonus, or a lot of HP if you’re stamina based, although if you want stamina, you should play a warrior. At lvl 19, rogues have no way of slowing their target; they get crippling poison ready for lvl 29 PVP. A rogue should not completely dismiss cloth, to a certain extent, all you need in PVP is stats, so if you find some cloth armour with immense stats, use it. Take Lucky Fishing Hat or Nat Paggle’s Boots for example, they’re the best in the game, and they’re cloth.
The aim of a rogue is kill the enemy before they kill you, and they suck at more than one target. On a 1v1 duel, a fully twinked rogue could almost outclass any other fully twinked class, that’s why they’re the most used class.
There are very few acceptable rogue twink weapons; I’ll run through them now:

Weapons

Shadowfang: MH 1h sword, 17.8 dps, 2.70 speed, chance on it 30 sha dmg, cost 250-500g

The best rogue twink weapon in existence, no questions asked. Out dpses the next best by 2.2, a massive amount at lvl 19, and well worth the massive sum of cash you have to pay to get it. Only the best twinks can be bothered with this, too rare and too expensive.

Skeletal Club: MH 1h mace, 15.6dps, 2.60 speed, chance on hit 30 sha dmg, cost 20-40g

Although it has the 2nd best dps, I’d say this weapon is 4th best overall, behind Assassin’s Blade and Cruel Barb, plainly because they have stats, which takes their overall dps higher than Skeletal Club, but cheap so many people buy it anyway, the easiest twink wep to buy/get by a mile.

Assassin’s Blade: 1H dagger, 15.5dps, 1.90 speed, 4 agi 3 str, cost 200-500g

This is the best twink dagger out there, beating Sentinel’s Blade by 0.2 dps and having better stats, and being slower it has a better Ambush and Backstab, so a must-have for all the serious twinks.

Cruel Barb: 1H sword, 15.5dps, 2.80 speed, 12 AP, Deadmines Drop (0g)

If you don’t have enough money for the above weapons, 2 of these isn’t a bad fallback plan, but it’s a pain to get, being the rarest drop off the last DM boss, it takes a while to farm, but really you want the sheer power of this weapon. I’d rank this wep higher than Skeletal Club, because of the AP bonus, and the fact that, if it’s in the main hand, your sinister strike spam will do more dmg, because this wep does more dmg, it’s always useful to have a chance on hit, but I stand by saying this is better.

Sentinel’s Blade: 1H dagger, 15.3dps, 1.70 speed, 4 agi 2 stam, WSG Reward (30 Marks + 315 honour)

If you’re too late to get Cruel Barb offhand, and don’t have enough cash for Assassin’s Blade, this isn’t too bad, but it’s in the last resort category, only get this if you have no hope. Some people use this in main hand if they can’t afford Assassin’s Blade again, but for backstabbing, which I’ll come on to later. You should never plan on using this weapon.

Protector’s Sword: 1H sword, 15.0dps, 2.70 speed, 4 str 2 stam, WSG Reward (30 Marks + 315 honour)

This is the worst rogue twink weapon, the true last resort, and should really never be used; there is only one situation when it should be considered. If Cruel Barb never drops, and you can’t afford any of the weps above, you have to use this MH and Sentinel’s Blade offhand, if this happens to you, don’t bother becoming a twink. This is really a warrior weapon, and the stats are negligible for a rogue.

Armour

A rogue’s armour isn’t really argued over too much, it’s really quite simple; the only quarrels are over Tunic of Westfall (92 armour, 11 agi 5 stam) or Blackened Defias Armour (92 armour, 11 stam 4 str 3 agi). On my rogue, I have them both, so I can use whichever one I like, whenever I like.

Lucky Fishing Hat/Green Tinted Goggles (+100hp or +8 agi)
Sentinel’s/Scout’s Medallion
Rugged Spaulders
Sentry Cloak (+12 dodge rating)
Tunic of Westfall (+100hp or +4 stats)/Blackened Defias Armour (+100hp)
Forest Leather Bracers (+9 stam or +9 str)
Gloves of the Fang (+15 agi)
Deviate Scale Belt
Scouting Trousers of the Monkey (+40 stam and 12 agi or +50 AP and 12 crit)
Nat Paggle’s Lucky Fishing Boots (+12 stam, +12 agi or Cat’s/Boar’s Swiftness)
Protector’s Band
Seal of Wrynn
Arena Grand Master
Arena Grand Master

Shadowfang (+15 agi)
Assassin’s Blade (+15 agi)

Enchants are also quarrelled over, depending how much of a dps build you want, I have all the variables, and I prefer all the dps gear/enchants apart from 40 stam 12 agi on legs, I end up with 1441hp, 244AP, 29.77% to crit and 56.03% to dodge (I have 2 Arena Grand Masters, they raise 4% dodge)
Your wep enchants are the most important, and most expensive of all, good rogues have a lot of choice:

Fiery: Not great, does 40 dmg when proccs, proccs often but a bit nabby.
Lifestealing: Better, does 30 dmg and heals user 30, proccs as much as fiery
Crusader: This is a warrior enchant really, heals 75-125 and increases str by 100 for 12 seconds, proccs rarely though.
15 Agi: The best for a rogue, permanently increases crit, dodge and AP.

PVP Tactics

I have already typed about agi and stam rogues in the opening paragraph, but there are another two types of rogue, Dagger rogue and Sinister Strike spam rogue. Dagger rogue uses a dagger in main hand, doesn’t mater about offhand, and Sinister Strike spam uses a slower wep in the main hand to maximise damage. I much prefer being sinister strike spam, because you don’t have to run behind your target to do some serious dmg, and also if you are dps specced with a Shadowfang, your sinister strike will do almost as much dmg as a backstab with Assassin’s Blade, and for either 15 or 20 less energy, depending on your talents.
Rogues have an amazing ability to do the most damage and avoid over half melee attacks if you use them right, so use it! If a warrior and a rogue run at you, target the warrior, he will be much easier to kill, because of the lack of dodge rating and the way they move is easier to target, and it’s only common courtesy to only use evasion when you’re outnumbered, otherwise you’re unhittable, and it’s really unfair on any other class, or another rogue that has his evasion on CD, it’s just one of those things that all other players think you’re a pussy if you do.
Sprint is your best friend, it can get you out of almost any situation, and you can combine it with Escape Artist if you’re a gnome, and that does mean you can get out of any situation, the only other problem is other rogues with sprint and minor speed increase enchant on boots, which I strongly don’t recommend, because it’s useless apart from when you’re chasing someone. Swiftness Potions are considered cheating though.
If you have an Arena Grand Master, only use it when you’re on about 5% HP, and there’s no other solution, this thing can be a lifesaver, but it’s considered cheating to use it when you don’t need to to save you’re life, it always has the bonus 2% dodge rating even when it’s not activated.

Talents

Talents depend on your build and your play style. For example, if you use daggers, you need to max out Improved Backstab, but if you’re a Sinister Strike spammer, you need to max out improved Sinister Strike, but whatever build you are, maxing out Malice (an extra 5% crit chance) is lethal for every rogue. Here are 4 templates I made and have used over the past:

5 Crit Chance, 5 Dodge Chance
5 Crit Chance, 3 Dodge Chance, 2 Sinister Strike
5 Crit Chance, 5 Oppurtunity
5 Crit Chance, 5 Improved Stealth
5 Crit Chance, 2 Murder, 2 Sinister Strike, 1 Dodge

Summary

In my opinion, the Rogue is the most fun class to PVP with in the lvl 10-19 bracket, you can stealth and appear behind a cloth wearer, having 1-hit them with Ambush, or just generally cause havoc in Warsong Gulch. Although somewhat delicate, they can pulverise their opponent before they even have to worry about their health, all in all, this is the class I recommend.

Warrior

Warriors, after rogues, are the 2nd most played twinks at lvl 19, but don’t do as much damage as rogues, hunters, mages or warlocks, but all you need to do as a warrior is out-hp your foe, make sure your health keeps higher than his and keep in control, make sure you keep your foe hamstringed, and then you can run rings around him.
Different players like different strategies, some choose a lot of dps on a fast wep, some choose lots of hp on a slow wep, both strategies work, but also you have to think of if you want a 2H or a 1H and Shield, but most warriors, if you can afford it, have both, and switch between the two depending on the foe, against other Warriors, a 2H wep fits in nicely, because you want to get through their armour and do as much dmg as possible, but against a rogue, they don’t have much armour, but do a load of dps, so you should use your 1H and Shield to minimise the dmg they can do to you, and deal moderate dmg back. Against casters, you have a choice to make, either you use a 2h sword to maximise on their low cloth armour and deal a load of dps, or you could use 1H and Shield, to use shield bash, a very useful interrupt skill, but it requires 10 rage and has a 8 sec CD, so not always a wise choice as it only silences the foe for 5 secs, and you can’t stop them from casting for another 4 secs, so you have to make a choice.

Weapons

2H Weapons

Glacial Stone: 2H mace, 21.0dps, 3.60 speed, chance on hit 60-90 frost dmg, Ashenvale Q reward (0g)

The Best 2h warrior weapon, arguably, in contest with Shadowfang, the best Warrior weapon altogether. Has a very nice overpower and looks very cool too, but if u want to do as much dmg as possible, this is the wep to choose

Night Reaver: 2H axe, 20.6dps, 3.30 speed, chance on hit 55-85 shad dmg, cost 50-100g

This weapon is the most commonly used of all warriors, because it’s the most common of the Shadowfang Keep drops, and also it’s not too expensive to buy either. In my opinion not as good as Smite’s Mighty Hammer, but this looks so cool.

Twisted Chanter Staff: Staff, 20.4 dps, 3.40 speed, 6 sta 10 int, cost 20-40g

Some people have little faith in this weapon, but to be honest, it’s one of those that don’t seem to be good, but secretly are imba. You lose 0.2 dps and a rare chance on hit for an extra 60hp, I wouldn’t call it Night Reaver’s equal, but it’s easily 4th place.

Smite’s Mighty Hammer: 2H mace, 19.7 dps, 3.50 speed, 11 str 4 agi, Deadmines Drop (0g)

A favourite for semi-twinks and also those who believe this is the best weapon of them all, because some people think that the 11 str makes up for the lack of dps, I am one of the. However semi-twinks like it because they don’t know about Glacial Stone, and it’s free.

1H Weapons

Shadowfang: MH 1h sword, 17.8dps, 2.70 speed, chance on hit 30 sha dmg, cost 250-500g

The best of the best as far as 1H weps are concerned, and I’d argue that it’s the best out of them all, sacrificing only 2.3dps and being able to equip and shield at the same time, absolutely top quality, the only problem that arises is the price tag, which is a nasty sum of money if you’re not going to use it all the time.

Cruel Barb: 1H sword, 15.5dps, 2.80 speed, 12AP, Deadmines Drop (0g)

I consider this the 2nd best 1H wep, and I’ve already said this in the Rogue section, that you sacrifice 0.1dps, for 12AP, which will give you about an extra 0.8dps, this wep is a lot better than first meets the eye, and, if you give it a chance, will be a lot more useful than Skeletal Club.

Skeletal Club: MH 1h mace, 15.6dps, 2.60 speed, chance on hit 30 sha dmg, cost 20-40g

It is 2nd in base dps, but 3rd in usefulness for a warrior, and is only purchased if you are unable to afford Shadowfang, and Cruel Barb never drops for you, it still isn’t a bad fallback plan whatsoever, but it isn’t as good as some claim for it to be.

Assassin’s Blade: 1h dagger, 15.5dps, 1.90 speed, 4 agi 3 str, cost 250-500g

This would be a complete waste of money for a warrior, you could buy a Shadowfang which is miles better for you for the same price, but it is a very classy weapon, especially if you are a NE Warrior, and is only advised if you have more money than sense, fun to have.

Protector’s Sword: 1h Sword, 15.0dps, 2.70 speed, 4 str 2 stam, WSG Reward (30 Marks + 315 Honour)

This is still an acceptable wep, as it gives some good stats, and is only falling back by 0.5dps, but isn’t advised. There isn’t a lot to say about this wep, it’s a fallback plan, and nothing more.

Shields

Redbeard’s Crest: Shield, … armour, 6 str 3 stam, cost 20-40g

The only really acceptable shield, Gold Plated Buckler doesn’t really cut it, this shield beats it by about 100 armour and better stats.

Gold Plated Buckler: Shield, … armour, 5 stam 2 agi, Deadmines Drop (Rare) (0g)

This is for the semi-twinks paired up with Protector’s sword, probably the worst combination, and on the verge of acceptance.

Armour

A Warrior’s gear is only argued over weapons and whether to use a 2H or a 1H + Shield, but as I said before, most people buy both and equip what they feel like on the day.

Lucky Fishing Hat (+100hp or +8str)
Sentinel’s Medallion
Rugged Spaulders
Sentry Cloak (+12 dodge)
Beetle Clasps (+9 stam or +9 str)
Thorbia’s Gauntlets (+15 agi)
Cobrahn’s Grasp/Deviate Scale Belt
Defender Leggings of the Bear (+40 stam and 12 agi or +50 AP and 12 crit)
Nat Paggle’s Lucky Fishing Boots (+12 stam or Boar’s Swiftness)
Protector’s Band
Seal of Wrynn
Arena Grand Master
Arena Grand Master

Smite’s Mighty Hammer (Crusader or +25 agi)

Shadowfang (Crusader, +15 str, +15 agi or Lifestealing)
Redbeard’s Crest (+7 stam)

Warrior wep enchants are constantly being argued, some like proccs (Crusader, Lifestealing) and some like stats (agi, str) because they say that proccs are too unreliable. For a warrior, I believe that a proccs on both a 2H wep and a 1h wep is always the best, because the slower the wep, the more chance it has to procc per hit, and 2h weps are generally slow. A lot of people disagree with me, but that’s just my opinion. Scroll up to rogue section for info on enchants, 15 is just the same but pure AP and no crit and dodge %.

Stuff about Potting and AGMing is up with the rogue section too.

Talents

Warriors have a lot of choice for talents, but there are 5 that you must invest your talents in, and that’s crit chance. A warrior with low crit chance is a sitting duck, because it can’t do any damage, you need to make sure you have at least 14% crit chance. The other 5 you either invest in 5% parry, or 3 heroic strike and 2% parry, that’s just preference.

Summary

With a warrior there is a lot of choice to how you want to play, because there is a lot of gear out there for you. You can easily make a stam build, a dps build and a balance build and choose which depending on your foe. Against a caster you’ll want as much stam as possible, because you’ll need to drain their mana and not die, and a leather wearer you’ll need a balance, because there’s a opportunity to do some damage, because some leather wearers run at you, apart from hunters, then you’ll still need stam, but against mail wearers you have to break through their armour and do some damage, dps gear is for you, because they won’t be able to do much dmg to you because of your armour, and you’ll be giving a load of dps back because of your gear.

Finjay
Admin

https://pwned.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rogues and Warriors Empty Re: Rogues and Warriors

Post  sneeky Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:06 am

Disagree on a few points.
1.sentinels balde is not a last resort it has 0.2 less dps than assassin blade but is faster so u hit more so more DPS.
2.Dual AGM is not always best insignia alliance is much more useful incase u r VS Hunter or frost mage.
3.And "rugged spaulders" are not the best shoulders for warriors talbar are best becoz of 3 stam.
Sneeky.

sneeky

Back to top Go down

Post  Finjay Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:13 am

1. in my opinion assass blade and cruel barb are both better than sentinel's blade offhand, sentinel's blade is too fast, and doesnt do enough dmg per hit
2. re-roll a noam Razz i still use 2 AGMs on a hunter coz of the dodge and escape artist, they cant wing clip you if they cant hit you
3. 8 agi and like 50 armor > 3 stam for a warr, thats like over 1% crit for 1 offhand hit?

I didn't actually think any1 would read this lol

Finjay
Admin

https://pwned.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sneeky Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:54 am

[b] Need to change "rugged spaulder's" to serpent shoulders.[b]

sneeky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content